Papa? Apparently, wasn’t always going to be related to as she was revealed to be in . According to actor , her mysterious character was once linked to .
During a chat with Josh Gad on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday, Ridley said that, at a point during the development of the Star Wars sequel trilogy films, Rey was in fact going to be a direct descendent to Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Palpatine.
“At the beginning, they were toying with an Obi-Wan connection,” Ridley said. “There were different versions and at one point she was no one… it kept changing.”
But in the end, the Lucasfilm Story Group scrapped the Obi-Wan idea. For the first two movies featuring Rey, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, her parentage was a mystery. It wasn’t until that it was revealed that Rey was connected to Palpatine, instead of the Jedi Master.
The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker novelization, one of many born as the Sith Eternal cultists tried to create “a cradle for their god-consciousness.” The clone was “a useless, powerless failure” from Palpatine’s perspective but was allowed to live so he might continue the bloodline naturally. The novelization doesn’t reveal anything about Rey’s mother.
See Star Wars Lego Millennium Falcon sets over nearly 20 years
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing