For all its faults, JJ Abrams’ Star Wars: delivers a barnstorming space romp that ties the knot on a nine-movie saga four decades in the making. But let’s just say it didn’t win any . At the awards night on Sunday, one of the movie’s major controversies, the reduced role of Kelly Marie Tran’s Rose Tico, was addressed by the actress herself.
“Last Jedi was my first movie, so I think I’m finally starting to realize that when you’re in something of that caliber, there’s so many people working to make something out of love, and no matter what you do, there’s always going to be people who aren’t happy with that,” Tran told MTV News on the red carpet, nearly two months since the The Rise of Skywalker’s release.
“I think that the best lesson I’ve learned is just to have fun and be present in the moment. So, I’m really grateful that I got to be a part of it.”
See her full interview below.
When asked more directly if she was satisfied with how her part ended up in The Rise of Skywalker, Tran replied: “I mean, I think that I’m really just amazed at how J.J. [Abrams] was able to sort of wrap up all of these incredible stories.
“There were so many characters and at the end of the day I got to be part of something so much bigger than me so that’s special.”
Resistance fighter Rose Tico was first introduced in Rian Johnson’s divisive John Boyega’s Finn. In 2018, Tran deleted posts on her Instagram account from Star Wars fans who pinned their dissatisfaction with the movie on Tran., sharing one of the main plot threads with
The Rise of Skywalker, the second Star Wars movie directed by Abrams, saw Rose’s role reduced to just over a minute of screen time. Co-screenwriter Chris Terrio attributed the cutting of her scenes, all of which featured Carrie Fisher’s General Leia, to difficulties with .
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’