RAPID CITY — More than 500 South Dakota School of Mines & Technology students were named to the Dean’s List for the 2019 spring semester.
In order to merit a spot on the Dean’s List, students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for the semester. Full-time students must have earned a minimum of 12 credit hours that term, while part-time students must have earned between three and 11 credit hours.
The following local students have earned these honors:
- Pierre – Benjamin Deis, Mechanical Engineering; Cole Hoelscher, Mechanical Engineering; Powell Klinger, Electrical Engineering; Matthew Pugh, Computer Engineering; Micah Runner, Computer Engineering; Samuel Ryckman, Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science
- Fort Pierre – Grady Tibbs, Industrial Eng. & Eng. Mgmt.
About SD Mines – Founded in 1885, the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology is a science and engineering research university located in Rapid City, offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The university enrolls 2,654 students with an average class size of 24. The SD School of Mines placement rate for graduates is 97 percent, with an average starting salary of more than $63,350.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’