Sony revealed its on Thursday, and images of the new gaming system quickly spread on social media. The highly anticipated device is tall and thin, and white on the front and back, with blue lights and black accents on the sides. And until gamers can get their hands on the PS5, they can at least critique the new look.
“The PS5 looks like a new expensive campus performing arts center that replaced three academic arts departments and cost $60 million,” wrote one Twitter user.
Other tweets compared the PS5 with a humidifier, a duck’s bill or the dark tower from Lord of the Rings, among other things.
One of the most common comparisons was to a router.
“PS5 looks straight up like the default free router you get from your ISP in 2003,” wrote one Twitter user.
The color scheme had more than a few people thinking of a certain sandwich cookie, or an ice cream sandwich.
Or Yu-Gi-Oh character Seto Kaiba.
Others, however, just thought the new console looked like doom for competitor Xbox.
Sony didn’t reveal a price for the PS5, but it’s expected to launch in time for the holiday shopping season.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing