The American Booksellers Association now offers two opportunities for live online education: a twice-monthly Marketing Meetup and a monthly Technology Meetup.
All member booksellers are invited to participate in these online discussions; subscribe to the mailing list here to receive invitations for the Technology Meetups, Marketing Meetups, or both.
ABA’s Marketing Meetups are conducted through Zoom.us and held at 11:00 a.m. EST on two Thursdays a month. Registration is required to attend the Marketing Meetups.
Upcoming Marketing Meetups include:
July 25: Organizing and Marketing Multi-Store Events (Bookstore Crawls/Passports), Part 1: In the first of two meetups on how multi-store events are organized and marketed, bookseller speakers will focus on Independent Bookstore Day and how regional businesses put together bookstore crawls and passports. Guest speakers will be Clarissa Murphy of Silver Unicorn Bookstore; Katie Eelman of Papercuts J.P.; Eric Lorberer of the literary organization Rain Taxi; Tom Nissley of Phinney Books; and Jessica Stockton Bagnulo of Greenlight Bookstore.
August 8: Organizing and Marketing Multi-Store Events (Bookstore Crawls/Passports), Part 2: In the second of two meetups on how multi-store events are organized and marketed, bookseller speakers will continue to discuss Independent Bookstore Day in addition to other shop-local events, such as Find Waldo Local, Here’s Harry (a Harry Potter version of Where’s Waldo), and more. Guest speakers will be Beth Stroh of Viewpoint Books; Jessica Palacios of Once Upon a Time; and Laurie Gillman of East City Bookshop.
August 22: Holiday Marketing Campaign Plans (watch BTW for more details in the coming weeks)
ABA’s Technology Meetups are conducted through Zoom.us and held at 2:00 p.m. EST on one Tuesday a month. Registration is required to attend the Technology Meetups.
Upcoming Technology Meetups include:
August 13: SMS Services (watch BTW for more details in the coming weeks)
Booksellers must register to attend the Marketing or Technology Meetups; to attend both types of meetups, booksellers will need to register for each. Booksellers who sign up through Zoom will be added to ABA’s Marketing and/or Technology Meetup mailing list.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’