Getting a little sick of the same old view from your window as the Window-Swap.com lets you gaze at someone else’s view for a change. You might find yourself staring at an office building in Germany, palm trees in India, a street of shops in London, a sunset in France, or a mountain in Italy.outbreak continues to limit travel? The website
“My husband and I were growing bored with the view from our window — so we created a place on the internet where you can open a new window somewhere else in the world!” Ranjit wrote on Bored Panda. “A place where strangers can swap views from their windows to helps us all feel a little bit better till we can (responsibly) explore our beautiful planet again.”
Ranjit could not be immediately reached for comment, but wrote on Twitter, “Hope this place on the internet helps reduce your lockdown blues in some small way.”
While the images may appear to be still photos, they’re actually short videos, so you may also hear whatever sounds were going on in the background during the recording. The name of the submitter appears in the upper left corner, and their location in the upper right.
“I’m listening to music in a window in Dubai, where someone is playing Norwegian Wood,” wrote one Twitter user. “Wow, thank you. This is a great idea.”
Those who want to add their own view to the site are asked to take a 10-minute horizontal video of their window or balcony view,, with at least part or the window frame in the shot, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus reopenings: How it looks as lockdowns ease around the world
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing