A lot of folks use a VPN (virtual private network) to protect their privacy and keep themselves safe from hackers when connecting to public Wi-Fi networks. Of course, we’re doing a lot less of that sort of thing these days. But there’s a lot of value in using a VPN at home, too. You have a lot of options when it comes to inexpensive VPNs, but TunnelBear is now offering what may be its best deal ever: You can getwhen you check out with promo code CNET65, which is just $3.54 per month and 65% off the regular price.
A TunnelBear subscription covers a total of five installations which can include Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices. The network includes about 1,800 servers in 23 countries around the world. While some VPNs pledge to perform annual security audits, TunnelBear publishes the results of its audits each year — such as this one from 2019. It also allows you to review and delete your own account data. And if you want to try the service out before committing to a two-year contract, you can use with 500MB of data.
This deal should be good through Aug. 31. If you want to read more about VPNs, check out.
CNET’s deal team scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing