Stumped for a Mother’s Day gift idea? If Mom likes coffee, I suspect she’d love this: Atlas Coffee is a subscription service that delivers beans from countries all over the world. Just this morning I enjoyed a cup from Burundi; next up is Indonesia.
Sound good? For a limited time, Cheapskate readers can— meaning the first bag is just $8.95. Use code MothersDay10 (which should automatically be applied at checkout). Subsequent months cost $14 per bag, plus $4.95 for shipping. And the gift can run as long as you want it to. (I say do at least three months. It’s Mom!)
True to its name, Atlas Coffee Club brings you single-origin beans from all over the globe: Brazil, Costa Rica, Myanmar, Vietnam and so on. The company pays “well above market prices” for micro coffee lots, the idea being to “ensure ethically sustainable farming practices.” Even so, the price you end up paying per bag is on par with what you’d pay at pretty much any independent coffee shop. (And let’s not forget, brewing at home is way cheaper than paying for coffee on the outside.)
You can choose one or two bags per delivery, and opt for delivery every two or four weeks. You also get to pick Mom’s roast preference and select whole-bean or pre-ground coffee.
I particularly like that each delivery includes tasting notes, brewing tips and a postcard from the country of origin. It’s like a wine club for coffee — and definitely a great gift idea for Mom. (See our complete Mother’s Day 2020 gift guide
if you want other choices.)
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- SpaceX launch: William Shatner, George Takei join astronaut accolades
- Google Doodle slideshow celebrates Galapagos Islands
- Best water filter pitchers to buy for 2020: Brita, Pur and more compared
- Best travel credit cards for 2020
- The best meal kit delivery services of 2020: Blue Apron, Green Chef, EveryPlate, Sun Basket and more
- SpaceX, NASA make history with launch of two astronauts to ISS Saturday
- The best workout socks for every type of workout
- Scenes of SpaceX launching NASA astronauts into orbit, moment by moment
- NASA-SpaceX mission, stuffed dinosaur float across Twitter