Humans and dogs aren’t the only ones who can master the art of herding livestock.seems to be doing a fine job of maneuvering sheep across the pasture.
Rocos’ video showcases the various advancements in precision agriculture Spot the robot could help make possible, such as corralling sheep without the supervision of humans.
“Robots, like Spot from Boston Dynamics, increase accuracy in yield estimates, relieve the strain of worker shortages, and create precision in farming,” Rocos wrote in its YouTube video description.
The video features Spot walking through an orchard, navigating tough terrain like rocky hills, crossing a wooden bridge and in the end, herding sheep — all by using its infrared cameras, real-time mapping technologies and advanced sensors.
Rocos mentions in the video that the company plans to create a computerized system that could manage a bunch of Spot robots remotely. This would enable the robots to function independently of each other, which would free up time for humans running large ranches and farms.
Rocos and Boston Dynamics didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
This isn’t too hard to image Spot doing. The Boston Dynamics robot has already, reminded humans to in public parks, and even pulled .
Granted, robots herding livestock isn’t entirely new. Back in 2013, robotics researchers from Sydney, Australia, tested a real-lifethat successfully rounded up cattle from a field to a nearby dairy.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing