I know, I know: Amazon tablets go on sale all the time. But right now I feel like we’re living in a more tablet-necessary moment, especially with. Maybe it’s opportunism on Amazon’s part, and maybe it’s just been a few weeks since the last sale. Either way, this is a great time to score a deal.
For a limited time, you can get the, which ties the all-time low price for that model. It normally sells for $99.99.
Also on sale right now, but for today only: The. Regular price: $79.99. It’s available in your choice of four colors.
If you’re the parent of a younger kid, the Kids Edition might be just the thing you need right now. It includes a kid-proof case (with stand, which is excellent), a two-year warranty (double the standard Fire tablet warranty) and a one-year subscription to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which affords access to a boatload of kid-friendly content: apps, games, books and educational shows from the likes of PBS Kids and Nickelodeon.
Both tablets come with 16GB of storage, which isn’t a ton for downloading things like games and movies — but it’s easily expandable via inexpensive microSD cards. Here’s.
These are great tablets for the money, and excellent at slinging all manner of entertainment (and education) for everyone stuck at home.
Need a new board game? Ticket to Ride: London is on sale for $9
On the flip side: “Everybody put down your screens and let’s play a game!” I have mad love for Ticket to Ride, and right now Walmart has a sale on a quick-play, “compact” version:. Regular price: $19.82.
Designed for two to four players (ages 8 and up) and playable in just 10-15 minutes, the game challenges you to build the most and longest bus routes throughout London. (In the original game, it’s all about trains.)
There’s a great how-to-play video on the product page (and YouTube) that I recommend watching, as the rules can be just a little confusing until you get the knack of it.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing