Ultrawide curved monitors are still rare enough that they turn heads. Literally, because at 40 inches or more, you have to turn your head to take it all in. But ultrawide displays are increasingly popular alternatives to standard monitors and side-by-side dual monitors. The Lenovo Legion Y44w-10 is a real beast at 43.4 inches, and right now you can get theat Microsoft.
The Legion is 33% off the regular price of $1,199, which is a significant savings, even compared to Amazon,.
This much is true: 43 inches is a lot of screen estate. It’s nearly as large as a pair of 24-inch monitors positioned side by side, and it’s filled with 3,840×1,200 pixels. Of course, it’s also curved, with a rating of 1800R — which means the curve is a segment of a circle with a radius of 1,800mm. That’s a relatively aggressive curve, especially compared to other ultrawide monitors with a gentler 3000R curvature. The monitor has a slew of ports — two USB-C ports, one HDMI, and a DisplayPort connection.
Behind the scenes, the monitor is actually a pair of VA panels, which suggests it should have about the same color gamut and brightness as a typical IPS panel, but slightly better contrast ratio. The 144Hz refresh rate lets this monitor offer AMD FreeSync 2 support for tear-free gaming.
I could not find a lot of reviews of this monitor online, so if you have any experience with it, I’d love to hear your thoughts. In the meantime, this deal should be in effect until the end of September, or while supplies last.
This article was first published earlier this week.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing