It doesn’t matter what kind of TV you have: If you’re relying on the integrated speakers, your sound system is terrible. That’s why you can’t understand dialogue and all the music and sound effects sound like they’re played through a transistor radio. The best thing you can do to soundbar — and ideally a as well. For example: Vizio’s 46-inch 5.1.4 Home Theater Sound System has all the bases covered with a sub, surrounds and upfiring Dolby Atmos speakers. Right now, you can get the , which is $200 off the usual price at Costco.is to add a
Of course, you’ll need to be a Costco member to grab this deal, but the pricing is even better when you consider the fact that it’s still selling for the original $1,000 list price at Vizio and it’s only marked down as far as.
There’s a lot to like about this soundbar kit, starting with its Dolby Atmos support. Atmos is the latest surround-sound specification that lets you mount overhead speakers — but unless you’re a dedicated audiophile, you’re unlikely to do that. Instead, Atmos-compatible systems like this Vizio setup include speakers that fire upward, reflecting sound off the ceiling and giving you essentially the same surround-sound experience as if you’d bolted speakers overhead. Vizio packs two upward-firing speakers in the soundbar and another pair in the rear speakers.
Bonus soundbar deal: If you’d like to get a soundbar but don’t want to spend more than a few hundred dollars, perhaps consider the Vizio SB3621n-G8, a 38-inch soundbar with wireless subwoofer. It lacks surround speakers and Dolby Atmos, but gives you the substantially better front and center channel sound you desperately need. The Amazon, where a variety of third-party sellers are offering it for $160 or more., which compares favorably with its price at
This article was published previously.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing