San Diego Comic-Con, the gigantic four-day pop culture convention scheduled for July 23-26, is still on, organizers announced on Tuesday, despite the cancellation of numerous other events due to the spread of coronavirus.
“We continue to work closely with officials in San Diego and at this time, no decision has been made regarding the rescheduling of Comic-Con slated to take place this summer; July 23-26, 2020,” the organizers said in a tweet.
Also on Tuesday, Comic-Con organizers postponed a smaller convention, WonderCon Anaheim, which was scheduled for April 10-12, and also postponed events planned for its Comic-Con Museum.
Comic-Con organizers may have more time than many other events to make a decision thanks to its late summer date. On Tuesday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom and state public health officials called for canceling or postponing gatherings with 250 or more people until the end of March in an attempt to slow the spread of the illness. Comic-Con regularly draws more than 100,000 people.
Similar events had toCoachella Valley Music & Arts Festival was pushed back to October, and the festival is off for this year.earlier as scheduled dates approached. , which had been scheduled for March 12-15, was postponed less than a week before its starting date, but organizers are hoping to reschedule for summer. The
Here’s a running list of all the major sports, cultural and tech events.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com