It seems that NordVPN and IPVanish — both popular VPNs — are celebrating birthdays. They turn eight this month, and the developer is offering a serious discount. First, let’s talk IPVanish. From now through the end of February, you can save as much as 67% on a subscription. If you want to pay month to month, you can subscribe for $10, which is a savings of $2 per month. Step up to quarterly, and you can get 25% off — $27 down from $36. But the biggest savings happen when you buy an annual subscription. You can get IPVanish for $48, which is 67% off the usual $144 per year. That’s just $4 per month. And the annual subscription comes with 250GB of cloud storage from SugarSync.
IPVanish stands out from competitors with an especially good user interface, one that is easy to understand for novice VPN users and encourages you to spend time under the hood, tweaking your setup. It’s also a speedy VPN that has shown to be very competitive with fellow front-runner NordVPN. That’s in part because IPVanish maintains over 40,000 IP addresses. That large number of IPs helps performance, but some critics worry that it might also work against user anonymity. That said, IPVanish claims to keep no logs. You can learn a lot more in CNET’s in-depth review of IPVanish. IPVanish works on Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux and even Amazon Fire and Android devices. This deal is limited to first-time IPVanish customers.
If you’re more of a NordVPN sort of person because you’ve noted that CNET has cited it as one of the best mobile VPNs in 2020, there’s a deal here for you as well. If you buy NordVPN’s three-year subscription for $125.64 (which is already 70% off) you get another plan for free at the same time. This is where I get to ask you if you feel lucky. When you select the three-year plan and log into your new account for the first time, you’ll get one month, one year, two years, or three additional years for free.
In our recent review of NordVPN, Rae Hodge remarked that “you aren’t going to get a VPN anywhere else that can do more than NordVPN does,” and in fact “you’d be hard pressed to find another VPN that can do what NordVPN does at all.” Read the entire for all the details.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- [LLODO] New York prison gives coronavirus vaccine to Democratic San Francisco DA’s convicted murderer father
- [LLODO] Virginia school system cancels Dr. Seuss, citing racial ‘undertones’ in writings: report
- [LLODO] Tiger Woods had successful follow-up procedures Friday morning as he recovers from wreck
- [LLODO] Louisiana police officer shot, killed while escorting suspect from HS basketball game: reports
- [LLODO] Capitol security review to recommend additional officers, fencing: report
- [LLODO] Colorado synagogue bomb-plot suspect gets 20 years
- [LLODO] US Army crowdsources ideas to combat sexual assault crisis
- [LLODO] Virginia police officer shot, killed during traffic stop; suspect dead: reports