Robert Pattinson: The Batman with a soft side. While doing a promotional tour for, in which he plays a leading role, Pattinson was asked by CNET-sister site Gamespot what his favorite game of all time is.
“I think it was a lot of people’s favorite game, but Final Fantasy 7,” he said resolutely. “Probably one of thee only times I’ve cried in my life is when Aeris dies.”
Pattinson is referencing one of the most surprising plot twists in video game history. Square Enix spent the entire first chunk of Final Fantasy 7 establishing Aeris as the only solution to an apocalyptic spell cast by villain Sephiroth, only for Sephiroth to descend from the sky and impale Aeris with his absurdly long masamune sword. The iconic scene has made Aeris an enduringly revered video game character.
“My first love,” Pattinson joked.
GameSpot’s Eddie Makuch asked the same thing to Elizabeth Dobecki, Pattinson’s Tenet co-star. She claimed she’s not a gamer, but then said she was, at one stage, addicted to an un-named Harry Potter PC game. “[I was] obsessed. Like, summer holidays just vanished,” she said. Sounds like a gamer to me.
Pattinson didn’t comment on, which launched after 15 years of hype back in March. That game is just the first part of the 7 Remake project, and . We’ll have to wait until part two of Remake to see if Square Enix kills of Aeris again.
Releasing Aug. 26 in international theaters, Tenet has been met with good-but-not-great reviews from critics. “If the Dark Knight Rises was The Dark Knight only not as good, Tenet is basically Inception only not as good,”. The movie hits the US on Sept. 3.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing