Ring has a second-gen version of its Alarm Security Kit. Like the original system, the five-piece starter kit includes a hub, a keypad, one door/window sensor, one motion sensor and one range extender — and it works with Ring’s doorbells and cameras. And it still costs just $200.
You’ll notice subtle design differences between the original and the new version. Ring says it added “one-touch buttons” to the keypad to quickly contact law enforcement and other first responders. The Ring blog post published Thursday.also updated both the door/window sensors and the motion sensors, making them “smaller and easier to mount,” according to a
Add on a Ring Protect Plus plan for $10 a month for a professional monitoring subscription. Like other, you can cancel whenever you want, no early termination fees included. There’s no contract associated with the system or the professional monitoring service.
While the system is designed to be installed by you, Ring works with a couple third-party installers if you need help. Check to see if professional installation is available in your area.
Ring’s partnerships with police departments across the US have raised concerns among some privacy advocates. And thousands of Ring customers also had in December. This prompted and make it easier for users to access and make changes to their privacy and security settings. Nevertheless, .
This isn’t the first product announcement from Ring this year. In January, the company unveiled Zatz Not Funny spotted of what might be another upcoming Ring device dubbed Doorbox.. Two months later, Ring introduced two . And earlier this month, Dave Zatz of
The Ring Alarm system is available for preorder now and will be available to buy starting April 29.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com