() has secured international patents covering its exomes discovery.
New protections for the cell technology cover China, Korea, Japan and Europe and include claims over the method of creating and producing exomes from certain types of stem cell.
The company was also granted a composition of matter patent for exosomes derived from its CTX neural stem cells, while in Japan it has the claim over using neural stem cell exosomes in the treatment of a brain cancer called glioma.
Exosomes are nanoparticles released by cells and contain a number of active proteins and micro RNAs that are believed to play a key role in cell-to-cell communication.
Growing body of evidence
A growing body of evidence has demonstrated that exosomes can modulate cellular immunity and promote the activation of regenerative or repair programmes in diseased or injured cells.
The company’s CTX cells release large amounts of exosomes when grown in the laboratory enabling its scientists to purify and characterise them.
ExoPr0 is ReNeuron’s first CTX-derived exosome therapeutic. It has demonstrated pre-clinical potential as both a treatment and a drug delivery vehicle.
Following the latest grants, ReNeuron’s estate consists of over 40 patents worldwide covering its cell-based therapies and exosome technology.
Chief executive Olav Hellebø said: “We expect to build this patent estate further in the near future. The recent and expected grants will stand us in good stead as we seek valuable collaboration deals to exploit ReNeuron’s exosome platform as a novel system for delivering advanced therapeutics such as gene therapies.”
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’