The audiophile folks here at CNET have mad love for the Beats Powerbeats Pro true-wireless sport earphones, but the $250 price tag? Not so lovable. Thankfully, Best Buy just resurfaced a deal that’s pretty great: For a limited time, and while supplies last, the , with free shipping. This is only the third time I’ve seen them priced this low.
Refurbished earphones? I know, that gives me pause, too. But Best Buy’s Certified Refurbished program indicates that all parts are thoroughly cleaned and like new. (I’d like to think that any refurbished earphones are supplied with brand-new ear tips, but that’s not specified anywhere, so there’s no way to know for sure.)
Ear tips are a cinch to replace, though, and super-cheap to boot. Me, I consider the real catch to be the warranty: It’s 90 days, not one year. I’ll simply say that when you’re getting a product for $120 instead of $250, something’s gotta give.
Regarding the aforementioned mad love, read CNET’s. The key thing to remember here is that you must get an inner-ear seal, otherwise you’ll hear very little bass. Not everyone loves that kind of fit, but it’s crucial for both bass and noise-isolation.
The Powerbeats Pro are also sweatproof; regular AirPods are not. AirPods Pro are as well, but if you’re into vigorous exercise, they might not stay in your ears. (I’ve managed to knock one loose just by scratching.) The Powerbeats’ earhooks ensure they’ll stay put.
Your thoughts? Are you game to try refurbished earbuds in order to save more than 50%? If you grabbed this deal last time, let me know the condition of the Powerbeats you received.
Read more: CNET’s favorite sports earphones
Originally published last year. Updated to reflect new sale prices and/or availability.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- In remote work world, some tech CEOs are leaving Bay Area – The Real Deal
- Aluma’s career-high 23 points propels Tech to victory over No. 3/3 Villanova – VT hokiesports.com
- For Big Tech, Biden brings a new era but no ease in scrutiny – Fox Business
- Biden’s top tech adviser makes regulation more likely – VentureBeat
- 10 things in tech you need to know today – Business Insider – Business Insider
- Duke at Georgia Tech Kick Time Set – Duke University – GoDuke.com
- The baby (tech) boom has arrived – harpersbazaar.com
- This month’s spotlight highlights Cosmetology, Construction Tech | News, Sports, Jobs – The Review
- Black Friday: Never break these 6 rules when buying tech gifts – CNET