The movie this year’s Razzie Awards, which honors the worst of cinematic under-achievements.not only haunted us in theaters in 2019, it also made a big impression at
Cats won six awards in total: Worst Picture, Worst Supporting Actor (James Corden) and Worst Supporting Actress (Rebel Wilson). It also took out Worst on Screen Combo, Worst Screenplay and Worst Director for Tom Hooper.
Considered aby CNET’s own reviewer Jennifer Bisset, the reimagining of the popular Broadway musical Cats did not fare well with fans wanting to see singing felines on the big screen.
Cats wasn’t the only movie to get a Razzie. Rambo: Last Blood won for Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel as well as the award for Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property.
The Razzies normally announces winners during its annual awards show, but since worries over spreading the coronavirus cancelled the public ceremony, the organizers posted “a bit more intimate video, suitable for viewing by any audience currently in lock-down mode” for those who want to watch instead.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing