Tesla has tweaked the amount of equipment offered on its popular all-electric sedan. Spotted by Teslarati, the Performance trim level of this car, which is the range-topping model, now comes standard with the Performance Upgrade Package. Before, this was available as a no-charge option.
That equipment group adds a number of welcome features to the Model 3. Aside from 20-inch wheels treated to a gray finish, it also includes upgraded brakes, a carbon-fiber spoiler and a suspension drop. Aluminum pedal covers and a track driving mode should be included as well.
Beyond all that, Performance-trim Model 3s also boast of an increased top speed. Tesla’s Performance Upgrade Package boosts the car’s max speed from 145 mph to a whopping 162 mph, though this change is likely of little value to most drivers, well, drivers who want to maintain their license at least. Triple-digit blasts down public roads are generally frowned upon by law enforcement,.
Three flavors ofare offered. The standard version features rear-wheel drive and offers a driving range of 250 miles. This trim starts at around $40,000. Next comes the long-range variant, which can travel an impressive 322 miles on a charge. With standard all-wheel drive, it can blitz from zero to 60 in as little as 4.4 seconds. These models are priced from roughly $50,000. Finally, there’s the Performance variant, which trades a bit of range for dramatically increased acceleration. These cars can go around 299 miles between recharges, but they can rocket from a standstill to 60 mph in as little as 3.2 seconds, a sports car-beating performance. The richest of the bunch, these kick off at right around $57,000.
Tesla making the Performance Upgrade Package standard equipment on the Performance trim of its sedans, something that would help the automaker as it strives to deliver more than 500,000 vehicles in 2020.is likely a move to streamline vehicle production. With fewer model derivatives and options variants, it should, in theory, make it easier and quicker to build these popular all-electric
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing