Need a break from closed due to the outbreak, is providing a much needed dose of adorable animals.news? The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, which is temporarily
The aquarium this week shared videos of rockhopper penguins going on a “field trip” to visit other animals and exhibits in the aquarium. In the videos, the penguins — Wellington and a bonded pair Edward and Annie — explore the information desk, Amazon exhibit and other areas of the aquarium.
“While Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium may be closed to the public, animal care staff and veterinarians are onsite 24/7,” said an aquarium spokesman in an emailed statement Tuesday. “Without guests in the building, caretakers are getting creative in how they provide enrichment to animals – introducing new experiences, activities, foods and more to keep them active, encourage them to explore, problem-solve and express natural behaviors.”
The Shedd is encouraging people to keep an eye on its social media pages to check in on what the aquarium’s animals are up to.
As thein the US, aquariums, zoos, museums and may other public places have . President Donald Trump on Monday encouraged Americans to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, and several states have called for bars, gyms and movie theaters to temporally close as the country practices . As of Tuesday, there are over in the US and 85 deaths.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing