Its Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Feb. 9. All the other major awards shows are behind us ( ), so it’s time to prepare for how to watch or stream the awards show online.day and the ceremony is just hours away, taking place at the
Or you can boycott the Oscars entirely, depending on how you feel about the lack of diversity in major acting categories and best director (Greta Gerwig was sadly snubbed).
But if you’re afan, hold your breath during the 11 categories the most nominated movie is up for (yes, the most nominated movie at the Oscars is a comic book movie).
has surged into the best picture conversation with big wins in the precursor awards shows, while , and flex 10 nominations each. Check out how to watch the Oscars (which are going hostless for the second year in a row) below.
Date and start time
The Oscars will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.
US: The Oscars start at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb. 9.
UK: The Oscars start at 1 a.m. GMT on Monday, Feb. 10.
Australia: The Oscars start at midday AEST on Monday, Feb. 10.
How to watch the Oscars online
The Oscars will air on ABC in the US. To stream online, there are a couple of options:
- ABC is streaming the live broadcast of the Oscars on the ABC website, but only to specific cities and only after you sign in with a participating pay TV provider — typically a cable company, satellite provider or livestreaming service.
- Another option is Locast, which streams local broadcasters, including ABC, in certain large US cities, for free. And of course, you could always use an to try to pick up the ABC station in your area ( ).
- If you subscribe to a DirecTV Now), Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV all carry ABC in most US cities. All of them offer a seven-day free trial, so you can sign up now and cancel after the ceremony if you want. Note that Sling TV, Fubo TV, AT&T Watch Now and Philo don’t carry ABC at all. that , you can use it to watch the Oscars too. AT&T TV Now (previously
Disclosure: CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of products featured on this page.
DirecTV Now’s basic, $50-a-month Live a Little package includes ABC. You can use its channel lookup tool to see if you get a live feed of Fox and the other local networks in your ZIP code.
YouTube TV costs $50 a month and includes ABC. Plug in your ZIP code on its channel lineup page to see what live, local networks are available where you live.
- Australia: The Oscars will air live on Seven.
- UK: You can watch the Oscars using a Sky Cinema Pass with Now TV (a seven-day free trial is offered).
How to stream the red carpet
The earlier red carpet proceedings will be streamed live on Twitter. You can watch by following the Academy Awards official Twitter account. Sister site Entertainment Tonight Online and as usual the E network, , will have Oscars pre-coverage all day Sunday, with E’s red carpet coverage beginning at 2 p.m. PT. Elsewhere, ABC has its own pre-red carpet coverage starting at 2:30 p.m. PT, and its Oscars Opening Ceremony: Live From the Red Carpet starts at 3:30 p.m. PT.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’