Several banks across the US reported trouble with online and mobile banking Wednesday — the same day thatare expected to hit bank accounts of those eligible.
Banks including Chase, Capital One, PNC Bank, US Bank and Navy Federal, as well as the app Cash App have all reported outages or access issues on Twitter support pages or their websites. Web outage monitoring site Down Detector also shows a spike in outages for these and other online banking services.
A spokeswoman for PNC Bank said customers have experienced intermittent access because of “unprecedented volume of customers using these channels to check their accounts for Economic Impact Payments and other forms of financial hardship relief.” She added that PNC is working quickly to address the issue.
Representatives for the Cash app and US Bank said their teams are investigating issue. A spokeswoman for Capital One said the bank is “working to get things back up and running as quickly as possible.”
Over 80 million Americans who have set up direct deposit with the IRS are expected to receive their coronavirus stimulus payments of up to $1,200 by the end of the day. Everyone else will get their check in the mail.
We’ve reached out to the rest of the banks in question, and will update the story when we hear back.
In the meantime, you can, , and .
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com