OnePlus on Tuesday confirmed that its upcoming will support speedy wireless charging. Ahead of the launch of its next week, the company introduced a new wireless charger dubbed the Warp Charge 30 Wireless. OnePlus says it has a peak output of 30 watts and can power a phone battery by 50% in just half an hour.
OnePlus confirmed to CNET only the “ultra-premium” option of the 8 series will support Warp Charge 30 Wireless. The Verge earlier reported the OnePlus 8 Pro would have wireless charging.
OnePlus also said its wireless charging technology is compatible with all Qi wireless chargers at 5W and at 10W for phones that support the faster EPP standard. This means you’ll be able to use the OnePlus 8 Pro with many third-party wireless chargers, but if you want faster battery fill ups, you’ll have to use the Warp Charge 30 Wireless.
As follow-ups to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, the phones are confirmed to have 5G connectivity and 120Hz displays, a step up from 2019’s 90Hz screens. Because of these features, the phones are likely to be pricier.
For more information, check back with CNET on April 14 as we will be covering the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro launch.
- Springwoods Village evolves with tech giant relocation, new housing options – Community Impact Newspaper
- Tech and Innovation Councils to Boost Cheyenne Development – Governing
- Virginia Tech 2021 spring position previews: Defensive end – Roanoke Times
- WHAT THE TECH? What parents need to know about child predators online – WRCB-TV
- 10 things in tech you need to know today – Business Insider
- Double down on epicenter stocks and avoid Big Tech, market bull Tom Lee suggests – CNBC
- California tech company joins ProMedica to bring innovation center to Toledo – WTVG
- Biden will review tech supply chains to reduce dependence on China – Yahoo Tech
- VIDEO: Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech Highlights – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site