OnePlus‘ new 5G-enabled flagship phones, the , are set to be announced during an on Tuesday. But we may be getting an early look at the 8 Pro. YouTuber Marques Brownlee, also known as MKBHD, on Monday shared a video showing off the display on what appears to be the OnePlus 8 Pro.
As follow-ups to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are confirmed to have 5G connectivity and 120Hz displays, a step up from 2019’s 90Hz screens. The OnePlus 8 Pro will also support speedy 30W wireless charging. Because of these features, the phones are likely to be pricier.
In the nearly 2-minute video, Brownlee says the phone’s in a case to hide everything except its display. He shows the 120Hz display with 1440p resolution, or QHD, turned on in the phone’s advance settings menu. Like previous OnePlus phones, Brownlee says the 8 Pro has an AMOLED display with an in-screen fingerprint reader.
OnePlus didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
For more information, check back with CNET on April 14 as we will be covering the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro launch.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com