Not to be outdone byand , the fast-food restaurant chain KFC (previously called Kentucky Fried Chicken) launched its own gaming console as a joke.
Unfortunately, it’s not real.
KFC posted a video showing off its new KFConsole on social media on June 12, a day after featuring a .
The KFConsole looks a real gaming console with a power button, a disc drive and red lights. The video also claims that KFConsole has cross-platform compatibility.
However one detail gives away the joke — the KFConsole also has built-in a red glowing BBQ grill called the “chicken chamber” for when gamers have the urge to cook up some chicken.
The KFConsole video has a release date of Nov. 12, so here’s hoping KFC has a follow-up joke planned. Just don’t plan on buying this high-tech gaming console that also doubles as a BBQ grill. KFC didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Previously in 2019, KFC released a real game called make KFC builds in Minecraft and share them., which previous launched on Steam; and KFC currently encourages gamers to
KFC also isn’t afraid to pull unusual marketing stunts, including a realcomplete with a chicken drumstick mouse, , that tastes like fried chicken, and this year.
So when it comes to KFC products, sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s a fun joke. As expected, gamers took to social media wondering if the KFConsole was real or a hoax.
One curious gamer tweeted, “Any exclusive titles?”
KFC responded with the comment, “You know it,” along with an image of KFC’s I Love You Colonel Sanders Dating Simulator Game.
Another gamer tweeted,”Dayummmm, how much storage though? I guess 2ChickenBytes.”
KFC jokingly responded with the tweet, “2 Terabites.”
Even Xbox responded to the KFC tweet with the question, “Can you lay it sideways?” as a reference to the recent memes about the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X console designs.
Here’s a few more reactions from social media.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing