James Cameron has dropped a bunch of images to tease his Avatar sequels shooting in New Zealand. Most of them water-based, featuring new cast member , a “Crabsuit” and . Now, the queen of sci-fi herself, Sigourney Weaver, is back to perform an underwater stunt.
“From the set of the Avatar sequels: Sigourney Weaver never shies away from a stunt, not even when it’s underwater!” Avatar’s official Twitter account posted with a couple of images on Thursday.
Weaver’s Dr. Grace Augustine looked like she was a goner in the original Avatar from 2009, shot in the torso during an escape back to the humans’ compound on the planet Pandora. Jake Sully, played by Sam Worthington who’s also back for the sequels, helps her live long enough to reach the Tree of Souls. The Na’vi transfer her consciousness to an avatar body, creating a neural link allowing her memories to be saved in Pandora’s ecosystem.
We don’t know much about how Grace or Weaver fits into the sequels (five in total), the first of which is slated for release Dec. 16, 2022. The live-action filming for both Avatar 2 and 3 began simultaneously in 2019 in New Zealand. Since then, we’ve seen a an underwater shot, a “Crabsuit,” with others from the cast, as well as a bunch of .,
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing