More set photos are trickling out from James Cameron’s Avatar 2, assuring us production is still underway in New Zealand after a pause due to the .
Producer Jon Landau took to Instagram on Wednesday to drop a photo of “High Camp Bio Lab” on set stages in New Zealand, along with another photo of Cameron inside said lab, taking in the superbly detailed design.
“Jim studying the set before filming. A salute to the Kiwi crew for their attention to the artistry of their crafts,” Landau posted.
While Avatar 2 is scheduled for 2022 and the other sequels up to 5 have all had their release dates pushed back, production on the sequel to the 2009 movie has been underway for sometime now, with Weta Digital (Lord of the Rings visual effects magicians) commencing visual effects work all the way back in 2017.
The live-action filming for both Avatar 2 and 3 began simultaneously in 2019 in New Zealand. Since then, we’ve seen an underwater shot, a “Crabsuit,” new addition with others from the cast, as well as a bunch of .
Avatar 2 is scheduled for Dec. 16, 2022 — for now.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing