If you’ve always wanted to live like a Viking, now’s your chance.
The trailer for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla dropped Thursday, showing setting up a declaration of war against the Norse people. The game is slated for the end of 2020. The trailer also initially shows Vikings in a more human light, sparing a woman and child mid-pillage and playing with their own kids.
Ubisoft hosted a nearly 4-hour-long livestream of artist BossLogic working on a piece of art that slowly revealed the setting of the game. We got early glimpses of an icy sea and fighting below a castle, with the final scene dominated by a figure dressed in furs and holding a large axe.
Read more: Best video game consoles for 2020
The Assassin’s Creed franchise is an action-adventure series from Ubisoft about a sect of robed assassins who fight a group called the Templars across history.
This new release will follow 2018’s.
CNET’s Sean Keane contributed to this report.
- LinkedIn employees made ‘offensive comments’ during anti-racism meeting
- Twitter, Facebook remove Trump campaign videos due to copyright complaint
- Global scenes of Black Lives Matter protests show outrage far beyond US
- 2021 Lexus IS debut rescheduled out of respect for George Floyd
- Google offers $1,000 credits to struggling small businesses. Travel CEOs say it’s ‘utterly underwhelming’
- On the Record review: A fascinating portrait of MeToo’s invisible women
- Apple AirPods and AirPods Pro: The best prices right now
- Facebook’s Zuckerberg says company is reviewing policies amid criticism
- Toast hot dogs and buns together in this $10 relic of a time that never was