The latest series to strut out of Netflix’s well-stocked vault is a dark fantasy based on a graphic novel by 300 and Sin City comic book legend Frank Miller.
Cursed follows Nimue, aka the Lady of the Lake (played by 13 Reasons Why’s Katherine Langford), as she’s swept up into a war between magic and the church. Somewhere on the way, she picks up the “cursed” Excalibur.
The second trailer, expanding on the, shows Nimue being tasked with bringing the sword to Merlin, but she also seems to have a moment when she claims the sword for herself.
We get a few glimpses of Nimue using her magic, as well as some of the destruction caused by the Red Paladins. Arthur’s in there too, played by Devon Terrell.
The series, reimagining Arthurian legends, will drop on Netflix on July 17. So far the trailers have produced promising visuals, and dark magic paired with Witcher-esque medieval grittiness, so let’s hope Cursed delivers.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing