Public transportation is wonderful — when there’s not apandemic happening. Right now, the idea of stepping on a bus or train seems risky at best, if not outright dangerous. But if there’s a job you need to get to or some other pressing need to travel locally, it might be time to consider a form of personal transportation — like an electric scooter.
Unagi makes great ones, and in fact the company’s E450 model earned CNET’s nod for. Discounts are rare, but for a limited time, Cheapskate readers can with promo code cnet25off. That makes for the lowest prices the company has ever offered.
The code works for the Cosmic Blue color for both the E250 single-motor and E500 dual-motor models — the latter a step up from the E450, which earned the aforementioned top pick. Update: I erroneously reported that the code worked for all colors, but it does not. My apologies for the error.
The least-expensive option is a standard-color E250, which would drop to $630 after applying the promo code. The baseline E500 would be $742.50. Choose the former if you normally ride on level ground, the latter if hills are part of your travels.
Both models feature an integrated horn and headlight, an anti-lock braking system and 7.5-inch puncture-proof tires. You can choose between three speed modes depending on whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced rider. Unagi promises a range of up to 15.5 miles; charge time is 4-5 hours.
This is a premium scooter, no doubt about it, but this discount makes it a more affordable option — and a safer alternative to the potentially germy likes of rental scooters.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Apple will have COVID tests, temperature checks as employees return to offices, report says
- Disney Plus: Every show, movie and original to come (plus early movie releases)
- Dyson’s electric car could have been a game changer
- BMW M4 leaked with its big ol’ grille
- Elon Musk tweets ‘break up Amazon’ after coronavirus ebook temporarily blocked
- Save $51 on the Nixplay Seed Wi-Fi digital photo frame
- Sony fined $2.4 million over PlayStation refund refusals
- Toyota Hilux and Fortuner bow with beefed up looks
- Space Force star Jimmy O. Yang is obsessed with Animal Crossing on his Nintendo Switch