SHAH ALAM: The last phase of the Management and Science University’s (MSU) development is expected to be ready by the end of the year.
Its president Prof Tan Sri mohd Shukri Ab Yajid said the RM350mil building which would consist of an international student village and the MSU Medical Hospital – the university’s teaching hospital – would be completed by December.
He said the MSU was looking to develop a strong collaboration with the Ireland Athlone Institute of Techlonogy (AIT) in two major areas – technical education and entrepreneurship programmes.
“We hope that the university’s initiative will help spur medical and health sciences to a greater height,” he said during MSU’s first session of its 18th convocation yesterday,
In his opening speech during the convocation, Prof Shukri encouraged students to be brave and advised them to be distinctive in order to succeed in their fields.
MSU’s 18th convocation saw 1,910 students graduating, ranging from diploma, degree, masters and PhD holders.
Special awards such as the Gold Medal Award, President Award, Academic Award and others were also given out during yesterday’s convocation.
President Award recipient, Nur Syafiyah Mohamad Shafi from the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, was overwhelmed when she received her award.
“I gave my best in everything but I never thought I would receive this award. It feels great,” said the 24-year-old.
Nicole Ng Huey Hsien, 25, also from the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences received the Academic Award.
“My driving force is my career future and I was pleasantly surprised that I received this award as I was not expecting it,” she said.
To read the full story and other premium content
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’