Looks like MSI, known for its , announced Thursday an all-new series of business-focused laptops called Summit. It’s starting with two lines, the Summit E and Summit B, both running on a . Each line is available with either a 15.6- or 14-inch display and there’s a lot of feature overlap. The differences mainly come down to graphics chips, screen options and webcams..
The Summit E comes with discrete Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650Ti with Max-Q design graphics, while the Summit B series sticks with Intel’s new Iris Xe integrated graphics that are expected to perform on par with entry-level discrete graphics.
With the higher-performance graphics in the Summit E, MSI is offering a choice of either a UHD 4K-resolution display with 100% Adobe RGB color gamut coverage or a full-HD display with or without 10-point multitouch support and a more typical 72% NTSC gamut coverage. The E line will also have an IR webcam for signing in with facial recognition.
The Summit B goes with a choice of a full-HD panel with 72% NTSC and close to 100% sRGB color gamut or one with 45% NTSC coverage, which should be fine for the “I’m just here to get business done” crowd. It has a regular 720p-resolution webcam, but all of the models have fingerprint readers and TPM 2.0 support for enterprise-grade security.
MSI also announced a 13-inch Summit E13 Flip two-in-one laptop that will be available toward the end of 2020. The company updated its Modern and Prestige lines for general use as well. That includes a new Prestige 14 Evo that’s part of that promises to give you the best mobile experience possible.
The new models are expected to be available starting in October with the exception of the Summit E13 Flip. No pricing was announced.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing