The Mount Pleasant Middle School Technology Student Association (TSA) chapter recently attended the TSA National Conference in Washington, D.C. where around 9,000 students and advisors from across the country take part in about 70 STEM related competitive events. MPMS TSA participated in events focused in Dragster, Flight, Promotional Marketing, Robotics, Structural Engineering, and Website Design.
During the conference, 8th grade students Abby Isenhour and Mary-Mak Burris were inducted into the National Technology Honor Society due to their involvement in TSA and recommendations from school administrators. Mt. Pleasant’s TSA chapter, run by advisor Zachary Trivett, was also recognized for Middle School Chapter Excellence in North Carolina.
“All of these students have been working very hard on their selected events using the Engineering Design Process to evaluate and refine their solutions. Some of them have been working on events since the beginning of the school year in September,” Trivett said. “It is astounding to me that they maintained the focus and work ethic through all the changes and improvements they made. I am very proud of their accomplishments and what they have done for our chapter.”
These students placed in the following events:
Abby Isenhour: Website Design-5th Place
Mary-Mak Burris: Website Design-5th Place, Promotional Marketing-10th Place
Randy Troutman and Carter McConnell: 2nd Place VEX IQ Teamwork Champion, 5th in Skills+
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’