Shopping for a single line of phone service that includes 5G, mobile hotspot, Wi-Fi calling and unlimited high-speed data? The best deal right now is a new one from Mint Mobile (famously ): $30 a month when you prepay for 12 months. However, if you’re not sure you want to commit to the carrier for that long, there’s this introductory offer: .
In other words, $90 upfront and you’re good till December. And don’t overlook your cash-back options: Rakuten is currently offering a $45 statement credit after spending $90 at Mint Mobile. If you’re able to leverage that, plus the TopCashback option, your three-month plan would cost you just $25 (after credits)., and . Meanwhile, American Express is offering certain cardholders
Prepaying for three, six or 12 months at a time has always been Mint’s thing. Surprisingly, the carrier never had a fully unlimited plan until now. To use it, you’ll need an unlocked, GSM-compatible phone. (Mint runs on T-Mobile’s network.)
Assuming it’s a 5G phone, you’ll get 5G service where available. The plan also includes 5GB of mobile hotspot per month (not a ton, granted), free calling to Canada and Mexico and support for Wi-Fi calls and text messages.
I haven’t used Mint myself, but I’ve heard from many readers who are very happy with the carrier. (Your mileage may vary, of course.)
By the way, if you don’t need unlimited data, Mint has other plans starting at just $15 a month, with nearly all the same features.
This article was first published earlier this week.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing