Rockland — Daniel Dickey of Spruce Head, a student at Mid-Coast School of Technology, was awarded the college silver medal in Advertising Design at the 2019 SkillsUSA Championships in Louisville, Ky., June 26-27.
More than 6,500 students competed at the national showcase of career and technical education. Students were invited to the event to demonstrate their technical skills, workplace skills and personal skills in 103 hands-on competitions, including robotics, automotive technology, drafting, criminal justice, aviation maintenance and public speaking.
Industry leaders from 600 businesses, corporations, trade associations and unions planned and evaluated the contestants against their standards for entry-level workers. More than 1,100 industry judges and technical committee members participated this year.
- [LLODO] Missing California hiker found safe after public helps rescuers trace location of photo he sent friend
- [LLODO] California promotes ‘dismantling racism in mathematics’ guidance in draft for statewide framework
- [LLODO] California gold rush town votes to remove controversial nickname and logo
- [LLODO] Three Idaho children reported missing, may be together, sheriff’s office says
- [LLODO] Capitol riot: Police officer won’t face charges in fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt, prosecutors say
- [LLODO] Former California Democratic mayor charged with multiple sex crimes against child
- [LLODO] California school district to vote on whether high-speed broadband is a human right
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Former Minnesota cop Kim Potter charged with second-degree murder in Daunte Wright shooting