Rockland — Daniel Dickey of Spruce Head, a student at Mid-Coast School of Technology, was awarded the college silver medal in Advertising Design at the 2019 SkillsUSA Championships in Louisville, Ky., June 26-27.
More than 6,500 students competed at the national showcase of career and technical education. Students were invited to the event to demonstrate their technical skills, workplace skills and personal skills in 103 hands-on competitions, including robotics, automotive technology, drafting, criminal justice, aviation maintenance and public speaking.
Industry leaders from 600 businesses, corporations, trade associations and unions planned and evaluated the contestants against their standards for entry-level workers. More than 1,100 industry judges and technical committee members participated this year.
- The White House wants people of Earth to come together to mine the moon
- Hennessey Jeep Maximus and its 1,000 hp are ready to roll
- PlayStation 5: DualSense controller, release date, specs and everything else we know
- Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy deemed essential during coronavirus lockdown
- Add an LG Blu-ray player to your home theater for $50
- Xbox Series X specs, backward compatibility and everything we know so far
- Chan Zuckerberg Biohub and UCSF boost Bay Area coronavirus testing
- Coronavirus updates: Wuhan ends lockdown, UK prime minister in stable condition in ICU
- iPhone SE: Every spec, rumor and the expected launch date