Rockland — Daniel Dickey of Spruce Head, a student at Mid-Coast School of Technology, was awarded the college silver medal in Advertising Design at the 2019 SkillsUSA Championships in Louisville, Ky., June 26-27.
More than 6,500 students competed at the national showcase of career and technical education. Students were invited to the event to demonstrate their technical skills, workplace skills and personal skills in 103 hands-on competitions, including robotics, automotive technology, drafting, criminal justice, aviation maintenance and public speaking.
Industry leaders from 600 businesses, corporations, trade associations and unions planned and evaluated the contestants against their standards for entry-level workers. More than 1,100 industry judges and technical committee members participated this year.
- Facebook, Twitter, Google pause review of Hong Kong requests for user data
- Need a pulse oximeter? These models are still in stock, starting at $24
- The best video doorbell camera for 2020
- MCU Black Widow movie to pass the torch to Florence Pugh, report says
- The best wired streaming device to save your home Wi-Fi bandwidth
- 2021 Kia K5 priced from $24,455, just $100 more than current Optima
- Bird denies getting $10 million COVID-19 loan
- The best-sounding wireless earbuds: Sony, Sennheiser and more
- Hamilton on Disney Plus: First-timers debate whether it meets the hype