Cheapskates don’t use Microsoft Office. Or, at least, they don’t pay for it: Microsoft offers pretty decent freebie versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint that live in your browser. And let’s not forget the various free alternatives, such as Google Docs, LibreOffice and WPS Office.
All that being said, I like a good deal, and this is a good deal. For a limited time, Woot is offering a— one of the lowest prices I’ve ever seen. It normally sells for $100, though you can routinely find it for around $80. Just be prepared to wait a week or two: This isn’t an instant-redemption deal, but rather a product key delivered to your mailbox.
A quick note to college students: Nothing to see here..
This version of Office supports up to six users, and they don’t all have to be in your house. Each person gets a 1-terabyte OneDrive cloud account, which is definitely one of the bigger value-adds. As for the rest of the suite, well, I’m not sure.
See, the accompanying images indicate you get the “Big Four,” namely Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. But the description notes that Access and Publisher are included as well, at least for PC. (Publisher is one of the few remaining desktop-publishing tools, so it’s a potentially big deal for some users.)
Hop on over to Microsoft and you’ll discover that Microsoft Home has been rebranded Microsoft Family — so no help there — and does include Access and Publisher. So I’m assuming that’s what you’re getting here, but you wouldn’t know it from looking at the accompanying images.
In any case, Office 365 remains a subscription proposition, so be prepared to pay the full $100 price next year if you want to continue — unless you spot another deal, of course. Alternately, you can downgrade to the aforementioned.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing