It’s that magical time of yearwhen Mercedes-AMG decides to dabble in matters aquatic and release a branded cigarette boat for the Miami International Boat Show. Last year’s 41-foot carbon fiber-clad beauty made 1,600 horsepower and topped out at 83 miles per hour, so how can the designers top it this year?
Well, in at least one way, it seems they can’t. The new 59-foot Cigarette Racing Tirranna Mercedes-AMG Edition will only manage 80 mph. Sure, that’s not a big deal. It’s 3 mph less, but when you consider that it uses six Mercury Racing 450R engines to bring the grand total up to a cool 2,700 horsepower. That’s 1,100 more seahorses than last year.
Minor differences in miles per hour aside, this thing is a monster. It works to bridge the gap between off-shore race boat and yacht by incorporating lots of high-tech lightweight materials like carbon fiber into the structure of the boat. The styling of the Tirranna AMG Edition was finalized by the maniacs at AMG in Affalterbach too, so it has plenty of unhinged Teutonic style.
Even cooler is that the companies worked together to create a special Cigarette Editionthat shares some of the finishes of the boat — aka its black and gold exterior and beige and blue interior — and even better, these finishes won’t be available on any other G-Wagen.
The AMG G 63 Cigarette Edition boat represents the 12th collaboration between Cigarette Racing and AMG and if things get any wilder, we’re almost scared of where it’ll go next.
- Listen to Billie Eilish’s delightfully twisted James Bond theme song
- Need a Lenovo laptop? Rakuten’s flash sale features deep discounts and hundreds of dollars in cash back
- Apple must pay store employees for bag-search time, court rules
- Huawei gets another 45-day reprieve from Commerce Department
- Clearview AI facial recognition company faces another lawsuit
- See NASA astronaut Christina Koch reunite with her dog after a year in space
- Nintendo PlayStation is real, and you can bid on it for $250K
- The best Presidents Day deals: Laptops from Lenovo and Dell, mattresses, SodaStream, vacuums and more
- 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 gets big power bump, A91 special edition