The new Marvel’s move into Phase Four of its superhero saga. Johansson might also be hanging up her weapons at the end of the new adventure to make way for a new heroine, according to a Monday report from Empire.starring Scarlett Johansson will kick off
The film’s director, Cate Shortland, told Empire that the movie’s cast also includes Florence Pugh, who will star as Yelena Belova, a spy trained in the Red Room as Natasha was in the original comics. Shortland told Empire that MCU fans were expecting an origin story, so they went in the opposite direction.
“And we didn’t know how great Florence Pugh would be. We knew she would be great, but we didn’t know how great,” Shorland told Empire. “Scarlett is so gracious, like, ‘Oh, I’m handing her the baton.’ So it’s going to propel another female storyline.”
Pugh previously played Dani in the 2019 horror film Midsommar and Amy in the 2020 adaptation of Little Women.
- DNC, RNC to test limits of virtual events as election enters final stage
- 2018 Cadillac CT6 owners get extended Super Cruise trial, report says
- Fortnite banned by Apple and Google: Everything you need to know
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV Plus: You don’t need to love soccer to love this comedy
- iPhone or Android? Your phone choice could be impacting your dating life
- Helter Skelter: An American Myth director Lesley Chilcott reveals the true Charles Manson
- 2021 Ford GT looks back on vintage endurance racing for Heritage Edition
- Get two free games worth $50 from Epic this week
- USPS is warning election officials that mail-in ballots may not arrive on time