Mazda turns 100 years old this year, and although we’re still waiting on a proper successor to the , the Japanese automaker does have something for fans.
This year, the automaker will grace the world with a 100th Anniversary edition for the entire lineup. From CX-5, every model will be available with the trimmings. While they changes aren’t major, they do look lovely based on the sole photo provided and the description., to the and the
Each takes color palette cues from the 1960 R360 Coupe — Mazda’s first passenger vehicle. Those who opted for the fanciest of R360 Coupes received a lovely combination of a white exterior paint with a ruby red roof and matching red interior. The same motif graces each of the Mazda 100th Anniversary editions, and I’m all in for the Miata with the ruby red roof.
The special editions receive front badges that read “100 Years 1920-2020” and wheel caps further remind onlookers with a black and red anniversary badge. Inside, each car’s cabin is awash with the ruby red look with red leather upholstery, carpets and floor mats. Mazda also embosses the headrests and key fob with the anniversary badge. That anniversary logo is a mashup of the past and present: While the modern emblem is front and center, the original Mazda logo surrounds it from 100 years ago.
The unfortunate news is Mazda can’t share when these lovely cars will come to the US, due to thepandemic. The automaker said it’ll update the timeline in the near future, but buyers are in for some tasteful special editions in the near future.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com