The Avengers are already known for saving the world, but they could also end up rescuing movie theaters from the closures and
Joe Russo told CinemaBlend on Sunday that he and co-director brother Anthony Russo would be overjoyed for their Avengers movies to return to the big screen to help theaters earn some much-needed revenue after the .and director
“The theatrical experience is a community experience,” Joe Russo said. “Perhaps the most touching moment of our entire careers was a few weeks ago when the lockdown started, and Endgame was trending on social media because everyone was posting videos of opening-night screenings in their theaters with audiences really emotionally connected to the material. For us, that’s really the strength of the theatrical experience is that it combines audiences, and it combines you globally.”
Having the Avengers movies return to theaters would not only give the movie industry a financial boost, but it could be an excellent way for fans to come together and bond over their love for Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk and the rest of their favorite Marvel superheroes.
“Using those films to get people back into the theaters? We would be ecstatic,” Joe Russo said. “Any opportunity for people to go back and share in those stories together is one that we would support.”
In addition to the Avengers movies possibly coming back to theaters in the US, another country hinted at something similar. In March,movies to revive cinemas after its own coronavirus lockdown.
Disney and Marvel didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing