Marshall has announced its latest smart speaker, the compact Uxbridge Voice, which will come in both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant versions for $199. The voice assistants will make it possible to set up multiroom music, control smart devices and ask questions of.
The Uxbridge Voice with Amazon Alexa, available from April 8, is the brand’s most compact speaker. It connects via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and
While the front of the speaker sports the usual Marshall grille, the top features a very unusual set of “guitar fret” controls that function as rocker switches. Though I haven’t seen the speakers in person yet, I would have preferred the old-school gold knobs of the existing models.
Meanwhile, the Uxbridge Voice with Google Assistant will feature built-in Chromecast and will be available starting June 11.
The $200-and-under smart speaker market is quite competitive right now, with models such as the the Sonos One and the . It’s also a good deal smaller than most speakers in this price range as well.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com