How come the short weeks are often the busiest? We had a lot to talk about in the automotive world this week, with Lucid’s new Air EV making its official debut, in addition to Maserati’s new MC20 sports car. On top of that, a number of important reviews hit the pages of Roadshow, including a full test of the most basic $59,995 Chevy Corvette. Here’s a look back at all that and more for the week ending Sept. 12.
The base 2020 Chevy Corvette is a whole lot of car for $60K
Chevy made a huge splash when it announced the C8 Corvette would start below $60,000 including delivery fees. But honestly, we never thought we’d actually see one of the fabled base cars. That all changed when Chevy delivered this Ceramic-colored C8 for testing, and as it turns out, the $59,995 Corvette is absolutely the performance bargain of the year.
The Audi R8 is one of the world’s best supercars. It’s fast, agile and turns heads wherever it goes. But it’s also a comfortable and tech-rich daily driver, as we find out in this in-depth review of the droptop Spyder variant.
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept: Yeah, it’s got a Hemi
Enthusiasts have been begging Jeep to drop a V8 in the Wrangler for years and years. And while this Wrangler Rubicon 392 concept isn’t ready for production just yet, we’ve got a pretty good feeling it’s a teaser of things to come. Here’s hoping.
2021 Lucid Air debuts with 1,080 horsepower Dream Edition
Check out the Lucid Air
Here’s an up-close look at Lucid’s new Air EV, which promises more than 500 miles of range on a single charge.
A new sports car from Maserati
The long-awaited MC20 is here, and it’s ready to take on the world’s best supercars.
It’s Targa time
Henry Catchpole takes a spin in Porsche’s new coupe-cabriolet-combining 911 Targa.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing