UK technology companies have extended their lead against European rivals with a record $5bn (£3.9bn) in venture capital in the first six months of 2019 after a wave of major deals.
London now ranks second only to the San Francisco Bay Area in new $1bn financial technology companies, at 18.
This year has seen major investment in UK start-ups, such as Amazon’s $575m investment in food delivery start-up Deliveroo, $800m from Japan’s Softbank into finance start-up Greensill, and further deals for the likes of Checkout.com, Starling Bank and Ovo Energy.
The report from Tech Nation and Deal Room, ahead of London Tech Week, shows businesses that were once raising small amounts of capital as start-ups…
- [LLODO] Texas funeral became coronavirus superspreader event after 42 were sickened, family claims
- [LLODO] Small Business Saturday more critical this holiday season amid coronavirus pandemic
- [LLODO] Nevada random shooting spree leaves 1 dead, 4 hurt; suspects arrested in Arizona, police say
- [LLODO] Rep.-elect Burgess Owens, retired NFLer, touts GOP’s ‘Freedom Force’ to oppose AOC’s ‘Squad’
- [LLODO] Texas police find woman’s body in trunk after car chase ends in crash
- [LLODO] Governors in NJ, Arkansas view lockdowns as last resort amid coronavirus surge
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Trump insists Wisconsin, Pennsylvania election fights far from over
- [LLODO] Biden still ahead as Wisconsin completes recount; certification deadline looms
- [LLODO] Minnesota officer, 2 others shot, suspect arrested after hours-long standoff