Most of us have largely gotten over it by now, but when phone makers started omitting the headphone jack, it seemed like an apocalyptic event. One thing that hasn’t changed: I lose my headphone jack adapter. All. The. Time. I keep buying new ones, which is why I need to find inexpensive replacements. Today, I found a replacement that’s both cheap and extra-useful. The ESR two-in-one USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter accepts your standard 3.5mm audio cable and plugs into any USB-C device, such as your Galaxy S10 or 2018 iPad Pro. But it does more than that; it has a second USB-C PD port, so you can fast-charge your mobile device at the same time with a maximum of 30 watts. Regularly priced at $22, you can get the ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter for $14.29 by applying discount code 35WXTFG6 at checkout.
That’s great, but what if you have an iPhone? The ESR adapter’s USB-C business end is of little help if you have an iPhone 8, for example. That’s why I tracked down a smartly priced option just for us iPhone owners. The Assrid Lightning-to-3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter plugs into your phone’s Lightning port and has dual inputs: a 3.5mm audio port and a Lightning port for simultaneous charging. Best of all? The Assrid Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter is a very reasonable $10.19.
No matter whether you need a USB-C or a Lighting port adapter, these are good deals on connectors that are, regrettably, still essential accessories. I tend to have a few at all times, because it’s just a matter of time before I lose them.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing