Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has spoken out in support of the . Johnson also connected the prequel trilogy to political issues, saying in a tweet Sunday night that the movies take on entitlement, fear and fascism.
“[George] Lucas made a gorgeous 7-hour long movie for children about how entitlement and fear of loss turns good people into fascists,” Johnson tweeted. He added that original writer and director Lucas also “did it while spearheading nearly every technical sea change in modern filmmaking of the past 30 years.”
His tweet came in response to a question from a fan asking him to “say a genuinely nice thing about the Star Wars prequels.”
, though it’s not known when it’ll start filming.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing