Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson has spoken out in support of the . Johnson also connected the prequel trilogy to political issues, saying in a tweet Sunday night that the movies take on entitlement, fear and fascism.
“[George] Lucas made a gorgeous 7-hour long movie for children about how entitlement and fear of loss turns good people into fascists,” Johnson tweeted. He added that original writer and director Lucas also “did it while spearheading nearly every technical sea change in modern filmmaking of the past 30 years.”
His tweet came in response to a question from a fan asking him to “say a genuinely nice thing about the Star Wars prequels.”
, though it’s not known when it’ll start filming.
- Hamilton on Disney Plus review: A heartwarming hybrid of play and movie
- Astronomers discover a bizarre, naked planet in the ‘Neptune desert’
- Best prepared meal delivery services to use for 2020: Daily Harvest, Freshly, Home Bistro and more
- Consumer groups urge scrutiny of Google’s Fitbit buyout in letter to antitrust regulators
- The 45 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- BBC Dad, meet BBC Mom: Two more cute kids crash live on-air interviews
- Fargo star Allison Tolman is ‘kind of killing it at quarantine’ by making curse word embroidered towels
- Here’s what the rumored Galaxy Z Flip 5G could look like
- Lincoln Continental luxury sedan ends its voyage in 2020