Thehas a storied history of responding to crises, and the novel , which causes , has quickly become a global fight.
It’s only appropriate that just as the Defender returns, the rugged SUV is once again being deployed on the front lines. Land Rover’s official Twitter account tweeted on Thursday that it’s providing vehicles to emergency services and other organizations, including the Red Cross. Richard Agnew, the brand’s public relations director, followed up the tweet and said these vehicles were originally meant for the press — reviewers like Roadshow.
Instead, Land Rover pivoted to make them available to the people and organizations in need of support. Agnew told Roadshow that “opposed to them sitting in a closed up workshop,” the team directed the Defenders to the Red Cross and “to support those who are isolated or vulnerable.” Total, there are 105 Defenders shipping out for duty and at around 30 more will be prepared by next week.
Our own Emme Hall recentlyand she was happy to report the SUV isn’t a cushy and comfortable imitation of the original. Instead, noting her experience with the previous model, it was every bit as capable and boasted modern comforts at the same time. The experience took place over a three-day journey across Namibia, so yes, she put the Defender to work.
Now, the Defender will get to work across the UK as everyone pitches in to.
First published March 27, 8:37 a.m. PT.
Update, 9:01 a.m.: Adds comment from Land Rover.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com