At Lamborghini, interior specialization workers and employees from the carbon-fiber production plant are becoming support staff for the fight against the , which causes .
The Italian automaker announced on Tuesday parts of its plant in Sant’Agata Bolognese will now make masks and face shields for health care workers at the Sant’Orsola-Malpighi Hospital in Bologna. Those who typically work on Lamborghini cabins will produce the surgical masks, and workers at the mentioned carbon-fiber plant will churn out face shields via 3D printers. The company said it has the capability to produce 1,000 masks and 200 face shields per day.
Once the medical gear is ready for those battling the virus, the Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences will test the equipment before it makes its way to the local hospital. Italy has been the European epicenter for the COVID-19 pandemic and the country has put its population under a strict lockdown.
Lamborghini didn’t provide an update on when its facility will, but CEO Stefano Domenicali said it’s doing what it can to help “win this battle.” Each night, as a sign of solidarity with the Italian people, the firm lights its Sant’Agata Bolognese headquarters with the Italian flag’s colors.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com