The 2020 World Car Awards were announced on Wednesday, and the new Kia Telluride SUV took home top honors. Kia’s impressive three-row crossover was named the overall World Car of the Year, as voted by a panel of 86 jurors from around the globe. (Full disclosure: The author is a World Car Awards juror.)
Another big win went to the Porsche’s new electric car was named Performance Car of the Year and Luxury Car of the Year, both of which are well deserved., which took home two of the World Car Awards on Wednesday.
The 2020 Urban Car of the Year award went to the 2020 Kia Soul EV, an electric runabout , but still . With its great functionality and impressive electric range, the Soul EV might be the affordable electric car to beat when it finally hits US soil.
Finally, a special nod goes to the, which was named World Car Design of the Year. The four-door sedan is attractive, but that five-door hatch is one of the best-looking compact cars available today.
Now in its 15th year, the World Car Awards announcement normally takes place at the New York Auto Show. That event is one of many that’s been , so the announcement was made online. The World Car Awards will have a presence at the , which is expected to take place in late August.
- Former Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman transferring to Michigan – The Athletic
- Buy these green tech stocks essential to the energy transition, says UBS – CNBC
- Texas Tech basketball: 3 reasons the Red Raiders beat Texas – Wreck ’em Red
- Tech Startups’ New Million-Dollar Question: Do We Really Need an Office? – The Wall Street Journal
- Bubble Burst: Syracuse basketball loses to Georgia Tech, 84-77 (Brent Axe recap) – syracuse.com
- Homestand Begins Monday with Tech – University of Oklahoma – Soonersports.com
- Tech: 3 Monster Earnings Reports – Motley Fool
- Tennessee Tech vs. Jacksonville State odds: 2021 FCS college football picks, predictions from proven expert – CBS Sports
- VIDEO: Georgia Tech-Syracuse Highlights – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site