This story is part of , CNET’s coverage of the run-up to voting in November.
The Joe Biden-Kamala Harris campaign for the US presidential election in November has moved into Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Players of Nintendo’s social game can choose from four digital yard signs as of Tuesday. One of the signs is decked out with the Biden-Harris logo, one features three pairs of aviators in red, white and blue, another says “Joe” with a rainbow E and the final sign says “Team Joe.”
To get the yard signs on your island, you can either scan the QR codes on the Nintendo Switch Online app, or find them in the Biden online campaign store. Christian Tom, director of digital partnerships for the Biden campaign, said it’s an effort to find “new creative and innovative ways to meet voters where they are and bring our supporters together.”
“Animal Crossing is a dynamic, diverse and powerful platform that brings communities together,” Tom told CNET in an emailed statement. “Since today marks the start of fall in the game and the leaves start to change color, we are introducing a staple for the season: Team Joe yard signs.”
More digital campaigning, voter education tools and The Verge.efforts will be launching soon, Tom said. The news was reported earlier by
. It launched in March on the during the lockdowns.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing